Finding the Right Flooring
Picking the floor material should not be taken lightly. Your floor acts as the canvas upon which the colors, pattern and design of your furniture and decorations will be based on. To make it a little easier for you, Morency Flooring has listed the types of flooring materials and the advantages that they can offer you.
• Laminate Flooring– Laminate flooring captures the grandeur of wood or stone without drying up your bank account. Laminate is durable and will show no signs of fading or stains for at least a decade. Unlike wood, laminate is not easily affected by moisture making it an ideal alternative. Requiring less care, laminate clean ups consists only of sweeping and mopping.
• Stone Flooring- Natural stone tiles come in a variety of types like limestone, clay, granite,pebble,sandstone, slate, travertine and onyx. Durable and elegant, stone floors are able to withstand high temperatures and are suitable next to sources of radiant heat such as fireplaces, stoves or furnaces.
• Vinyl Flooring– Synthetic by origin, vinyl floors achieve the rich, deep and exquisite look of wooden floors. This floor type also comes in different colors and patterns since vinyl manufacturing processes have been upgraded through the decades. Vinyl floors are affordable, durable and will ably resist impacts and scratches against their surfaces.
• Wood Flooring– Classic and classy, Wood Flooring comes in oak, maple and bamboo. Wood floors can last a long time with proper care and maintenance. Cleaning wooden floors only require sweeping and the application of polishing shine solution while scrubbing from time to time.
• Linoleum Flooring- Linoleum flooring is crafted by blending limestone, linseed oil, recycled wood flour and cork wood dust. When it comes to flooring materials, Linoleum is considered to be on of the more environmentally safe choices. Linoleum floors are tough against impacts and dusts. Oils are also ineffective against it. This type of flooring provides a smooth and comfortable feel.
• Cork Flooring- Usually used as caps for champagne bottles, cork floors are great at insulating the home. Anti allergic, insect resistant and relatively sound-proof. Made by peeling off the bark while saving the tree, cork is environmentally friendly and sustainable. Not to mention resistant against abrasion and can be easily cleaned.
• Tile Flooring- Tile flooring comes in various types like ceramic, porcelain, quarry and mosaic. Installers will need grout in order to properly lay them down. Glazed tiles are stain resistant and shares the same heat resistant qualities with stone floors.